Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December 30 Tuesday

Well I am almost through the stabilization phase and my body continues to do well (no 'blast'cells - or leukemia cells - have been found in the blood  work done over the last two days).  A far cry from the 168,000 blast cells two weeks ago this time!

This week kind of begins phase II - Approx 14 days after the 1st day of  chemo the doctors do another bone marrow biopsy to confirm there are no blasts in the bone marrow - also to check if the bone marrow is wiped out.  Interestingly they want the marrow completely wiped out so it can 'reset'. That biopsy is yet to be scheduled but could happen as early as today.  I am not sure how soon I will have the results

Another bone barrow biopsy follows between day 28 - 32 after 1st day of chemo.   Here we are looking to see if the bone marrow has come back and is producing healthy cells.  This will be the first opportunity to declare the leukemia in remission.

It is still not clear when I will leave the hospital.  I may go home between the second and third biopsy - all depends on what is found and how my platelets and red blood cell production recover.  Once I do come home I will still be coming in for outpatient treatment including some overnight stays.

Since we are working toward a cure - we are very likely looking at a bone marrow transplant.  There is quite a bit to consider with a transplant - for today I am grateful to be making such strong progress toward remission.

My Mom (Grandma K) comes today and I cannot wait to see her - off to settle into my new room - I got kicked out of my room - again! - last night.  Turns out they are painting and refurbishing the patients rooms with computers.  My new room is just fine - I only hope Grandma can find me!

Love Maureen

2 comments:

  1. Glad the results continue to be good, and hopefully the good news carries over into the new year. In the meantime, please try to behave yourself so you don't keep getting kicked out of your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. live22 live22 สิ่งที่ทำให้ Live22 ชนะใจแฟนเกมสล็อตมาอย่างนานเป็น PG การโฆษณากิจกรรมที่ไม่มีใครเหมือนแล้วก็อัพเดตเกมใหม่ทุกเดือนไม่ใช่เพียงแค่เฉพาะตัวเกมที่บันเทิงใจแค่นั้นนะ

    ReplyDelete