Sunday, October 18, 2015

weekend update Friday 10/16 - Sun 10/18

My Mom and I were joined by my sister Kate this past Saturday. We've spent most of our visiting time in the clinic as I am getting chemo daily and platelets either daily or every other day.  They have been great company and we spent our Saturday afternoon watching college football. Thank goodness no-one left the room during the final seconds of the Michigan state/Michigan game. What a finish. The Ohio state/Penn state game was too late for all of us though mom and Kate lasted until half time.

Finishing up my Sunday clinic visit shortly with the chemo done, platelets finished and miroccrofungin (an antifungal) currently running.  Getting an ekg as well since one of my new medications can cause my heart to tap dance. Some changes going on with my rash spreading, some chills and mouth sores. All tie  to either my compromised immune system or graft vs. Host. Nothing bad (well not Bad bad)  Will just need to power through this part of my treatment and lay low until things improve.  Starting on a stronger antiviral medication and back on an antifungal medication as well.

Everything else is good. My cousin and her husband are in town seeing their niece row the head of the Charles (her Yale alumni team took 2nd and won   silver). They are coming to see us this afternoon which will be great. Jim,Emma and Joseph are all good.

Thanks for checking in.

Love Maureen
  

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that a great game - amazing finish - GO STATE!!!

    Judy & Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Moe and think of you every day. I hope the stronger meds reduce the uncomfortable side effects and you are feeling better every day. So glad your family can be in town with you!! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete