Friday, October 2, 2015

weekend update Friday 10/2

Still sorting through the next steps in my treatment plan. My blood counts remain low which can be explained by the chemo or possibly leukemia still lingering in my marrow. Even though my labs have shown no leukemia blasts in the blood the leukemia may still be in the marrow.  Hoping  that is not the case and thank you in advance for applying the power of your kind prayers toward a clean bone  marrow biopsy.  I had the biopsy Wednesday 9/30 and should have the results early next week.  At this point my treatment plan is an`if this then that` situation. Depending on the biopsy results I may do another round of the immune stimulant chemo called azocitidine. This is the 7 day outpatient infusion chemo I had back in August when the leukemia first recurred. I may also go straight to the donor lymphocytes infusion (boost of original donor cells given to me intravenously).  Finally I may get a more aggressive chemo regimen or some other aggressive treatment ( really hoping that is not my path).

In the meantime life has been busy.  In our search for ways to keep busy that don't involve crowded places (still neutropenic) or too much walking (still getting short of breath) my mom and I have begun attacking the closets. We started with the craft closet.  If anyone needs 500+ crayons or multiple bead jewelry sets let me know.

Jim and kids are good. Joseph comes home next weekend and we cannot wait. Emma is busy with school, rowing and preparing for a  jawdy competition. This is a geography competition among area schools and she and  best pals Caitlin and Samantha are reigning champs representing st Mike's again this year.

Thanks for your prayers,cards, meals, rides and all your other kindnesses especially during this uncertain time. Will update you as soon as I know more about my next steps.

Thanks for checking in. Love Maureen

2 comments:

  1. Maureen, we think about you every day and continue to keep you in our prayers. Looking forward to hearing some good reports and seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the updates! Looking forward to the great bone marrow report next! Xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete