Monday, August 1, 2016

Update August 1st

Family Fun:  We've received a few letters from Emma and she is having a great time at camp.  I don't know how she will be able to fit in all the activities.  Of course we miss her terribly and cannot wait to see her this coming Saturday.  Joseph continues to squeeze every bit of fun out of the summer while being really helpful to me.  He goes back on the 25th and we will really miss him.  Jim, Joseph and I spent the weekend with my best friend Lisa and her husband Charlie.  It was wonderful!  For the first time in months I was able to get out (thanks to SVDP and my friend Michelle for the temporary loaning of a transport wheelchair) on a real outing.  Lisa and I drove up to Gloucester, MA for lunch meeting Jim and Charlie there who arrived by boat.  We poked around a beautiful art studio then Lisa and I took a tour of the coast.  A great day!  Thank you Lisa and Charlie for a beautiful visit



Medical Update:  First of all thank you to everyone who brought me to and from the clinic.  Truly without your help I would be in the hospital getting the treatment.  Not only is the physical healing happening faster at home it is great for the soul to see the kids everyday and sleep in my bed every night.  Finished the first week of chemo on Friday.  Everything went well.  I am having some side effects which are common to the chemo I am receiving (fatigue, some stomach trouble).  My blood counts are dropping which will mean more clinic visits (probably every 2 days) for infusions.  The plan is to see how my leukemia responds to the chemo and then chart out future plans for treatment.

Thanks for checking in.

Love, Maureen

5 comments:

  1. Moe, thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. So nice to see you enjoying time with family and friends! You are amazingly resilient and such an inspiration to all of us who are privileged to know you! Stay strong and hope this round of chemo does the trick to keep you in remission! Love you, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love!! did I tell you that zero is my new favorite number?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa has looked the same since about age 12. So glad you got to spend a fun weekend with her! Looks like being out and about agrees with you. Hugs and prayers from us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So --- glad you had a real outing & it was a wonderful day. You deserve it!!

    Emma will be home with all of her camp stories & I'm sure they will bring a boat load of laughs for all of you.

    Always thinking of you.
    XXOO Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love you Moe!! ❌⭕️❌⭕️
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete