Sunday, October 23, 2016

Weekend Update 10/22 - 10/23

Family Fun:  Good Sunday morning.  This week I am told we've gone from 80 to 50 degrees in the course of a couple days.  Brrr - who knows what the day holds today.  Jim and Emma are coming in today (Sunday).  We've  been going to a Catholic Mass in a small chapel on the West campus which is about a 15 minute wheelchair ride.   Today may be tough with the wind and chill but we'll see.  Jim saw Joseph this weekend for 'family weekend' at Bowdoin.  They attended some lectures, went to a couple of museums, and, of course, enjoyed the famous Bowdoin food..  It sounds like they had a great time.  Emma spent the night with her great friend Caitlin after winning a volleyball game on Friday.  Last night was the homecoming dance and I await a report on that - I am thinking it will go something like this "it was fine".  While I've mostly been resting this week, I have enjoyed several visitors including some good friends from the north shore earlier this week and some close friends from North Andover yesterday (who brought a chocolate cake!  what a glorious idea).  And my Aunt Debbie and cousin in law Jane brought lunch earlier this week.  All good stuff

Medical Update:  I was readmitted last Friday after a brief stay at home.  I've had several rounds of chemo over the last 3 months most lasting 5 days with 21 days or so of recovery before the next regimen.  The plan has been to do the recovery at home but I always seem to run into complications - a drug reaction, infection, mouth sores, just general pain in the ass chemo stuff though some complications gotten pretty bad.  Anyway, this last stay has been completely uneventful.   I came in Friday Oct 14 and started a 7 day course of chemo on Saturday (2 different types of chemo).   The chemo ends Monday and, barring any complications, I will be heading home tomorrow.  We continue to look to a immune therapy clinical trial as the next step. I hope to get more details on this next week.

Thanks for checking in - thanks for all your love, meals and prayers.  We are blessed to have support on so many levels.  Looking forward to another visit from Jim's sister Gina followed by my sister Kate. 

Love, Moe

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. We are keeping those prayers coming.
    The Conaton Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you!! STILL praying for you daily. You are so strong...I'm in awe of you, as always!! XOxo

    ReplyDelete