Sunday, October 30, 2016

Weekend Update 10/29 - 10/30

Family Fun:  I can't quite remember what I've put in previous blogs so briefly here is what's been going on.  Jim went to Family Weekend at Bowdoin and he and Joseph had a great time.  They had a nice Thai dinner on Friday.  Saturday they attended a lecture on Sir Thomas Moore and went to a couple Bowdon museums.  They both enjoyed their time together and I am so glad it worked out.  Gina (Jims sister) came back for a second visit and her first job was to bring me home from the hospital (Monday 10/24).  We had a great week and Emma was happily spoiled.  Emma had her last Volleyball game on Friday and the team played so well.  Until Friday I hadn't seen her team play and play they did.  Another sin for the girls Junior Varsity!!  Jim's friend Bob and wife Joan are here this weekend.  We had a lovely dinner last night and today Jim took them on a tour of the North Shore of Mass.  Kate arrived this morning and has been busy pulling the hose together while also being wonderful company. 

Medical Update:  I came home Monday after a 10 day course of chemo.  Being home this week has been wonderful.  I'm hoping it can extend a bit butt anticipate going in within the next 1 - 2 weeks for more treatments.  My liver function numbers are high but fortunately coming down - this could be a reaction to a new drug.  Some of my other lab values are off and if they continue to trend in a bad direction I could go back into the hospital sooner rather that later.  For now I am home, getting my treatments as an outpatient and live is pretty good. 

Thanks for checking in

Love,  Maureen

3 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! Hope you are still at home and enjoying life as an outpatient! Thinking of you all the time and praying that things continue to trend in a positive direction. Your strength and courage are amazing! You are my inspiration!! Love you, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got home in time to help yourself to Emma's halloween goodies! Stay well and out of the hospital. xo

    ReplyDelete