Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thursday September 17

Another day, another visit to the clinic!  Today I learned the details of my upcoming treatment plan.  I will have another round of Infusion chemo beginning next week.  This will be the second cycle for this chemo and will last 7 days.  Again it is out patient.  I remain on the pill chemo which I continue to take daily.

Next up after the chemo is a bone marrow biopsy to learn the state of the leukemia in my bone marrow.  Depending on the biopsy results I will either have another round of chemo or the cell infusion from my original bone marrow stem cell donor.  The biopsy is at least a month away.

So I think we are settling in for another four weeks of basically quiet as the chemo does it's work and we wait for the biopsy.

Two bits of encouraging news - my medical team is very happy with the way I've tolerated the chemo.  If I was not doing so well we would not be going in such a good direction.  Also my blood continues to be blast free which means the leukemia is not in my bloodstream (again thanks to the chemo regimen).

Emma has started her second year of rowing and seems to really enjoy it.  All good reports from Joseph as well.

My Mom is in next week which will be so helpful as I go from every 3 days at the clinic to every day at the clinic!  It will be wonderful to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment