Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas - 12/25/2015

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold,
I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people

Thanks for the amazing year of hope, peace and kindness.  From the meals to the visits to being the recipient of my predizone induced insanity (sorry Mom).  You've walked beside me and carried me through this last year.  May God bless you and your families and may we all be slightly more aware and understanding people for all we've been through.

Love - The Staudts

Quick Medical Update:  In the clinic yesterday and by every measure I am doing very well.  Leukemia continues to be non-existent in my system, my marrow is finally producing healthy cells (a key step in my being a self sustaining leukemia free person without the need for transfusions every few days).  No complications such as heart/kidney/liver issues and for the first time since this summer I am not neutropenic (i.e. my white blood cells are many and strong and can fight their own battles should an infection come my way).  

On Christmas Eve, spent the morning in the clinic with cousin Mark and his wife Karen which was so lovely and relaxing.  Then spent the day with Jim, Emma and Joseph.  We went to Christmas Eve mass and were among the last to leave as we finished conversations with friends.  Jim and Joseph headed to our wonderful neighbors Richard and Christine for their annual party then we all settled in for the night.  Today promises to be a relaxing Christmas pajama day with presents, food, family and never ending gratitude.

Merry Christmas

Love 

Maureen, Jim, Joseph and Emma (oh and Guinness

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas from the Sharon Greens! Great news to start 2016! Looking forward to seeing you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your update made me weep today, Maureen! We're praying for continued excellent health for you and all good things for the wonderful Staudt family in 2016. I'm dreaming of more white blood cells...

    Merry Christmas!!
    Love and hugs,

    The Guggenbergers

    ReplyDelete
  3. As each of us gathered yesterday with family and friends to celebrate Christmas, I thanked God for granting me my Christmas wish this year. My wish was one for my brother, nephew & niece that their mother & wife would be home with them on Christmas Day.

    Merry Christmas, Maureen. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decided to check in on you today and so thrilled about the direction of your health. You are an inspiration, facing this with humor, determination and grace. Health and happiness in the new year is a common year-end blessing, but I have never meant it more literally than to you right now. God bless you! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the good news coming. Rich & Ann

    ReplyDelete