Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Update February 10

Kate and I had a wonderful visit last week.  Our time together centered around daily clinic visits but we had the evenings here at home and enjoyed time with Emma, Jim and Guinness.  Emma said Guinness was in heaven because there were 'two' of me (strong similarities between my sister and me).  Very grateful for her comfort, company and help!  Also had a lovely visit with cousin Margien on Friday and several friends came by to watch the Superbowl on Sunday.

Medical Update:  Last week and into this week I am receiving daily infusions of a clinical trial medication designed to destroy cancer causing cells.   It has shown great promise in the lab and I am in the final group of the Phase I trial.  It is too early to tell it the drug is working on me - we are encouraged that the Leukemia appears to be stabilized (ie not growing).  The next two weeks will give us a better sense of whether the drug is actually reducing the leukemia.  If this treatment shows promising results we could continue for a couple more 3 week cycles.   If we are not happy with the result we will move to another treatment.  In other news rash persists and I am still fatigued as I need frequent blood transfusions.  All easy enough to address.

Thanks for checking in!

Love Maureen


4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful week with your sister.
    Hang in there & we continue to keep you in our thoughts & prayers. XXOO Gina & George

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mind reels at the notion of two of you in one place at the same time... Thinking positive thoughts re: your treatment. xo

    ReplyDelete