Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday May 16

Request for local friends:  Until I get my stamina back I will need help getting to clinic visits.  For those of you who are local could you let me know if you would be free to take me into Beth Israel?  I've been reaching out to a small group of friends who have been wonderful about getting me in and out of the clinic.  If you can help with the occasional ride, please email me at maureen.staudt@gmail.com.  I'll email the group on the weekend to see what day(s) people might be available to drive me.  Hopefully this will only be for the next couple weeks.  Thanks so much.

Fun Update:  Another lovely weekend.  Emma had her last middle school dance on Friday and they seemed to have a great time - sadly no details for Mom however.  Will have to catch up with some of the other Moms whose daughters are more chatty.  Sunday she spent a good part of the day with her long time and close friend Caitlin.  Sadly Emma cut the day short to study for finals.  Well I guess that is a good thing. Thanks Caitlin and Marie for thinking of Emma.   Joseph comes home a week from Monday.  Woo Hoo!  Jim spent the weekend doing lots of yard work (complementing all Kate had done during her visit).  He replanted several some overgrowing ivy and some hosta that were getting choked by our daylillies.

Medical Update:  Back to getting platelets every couple days - the antibiotic I am taking has a side effect of suppressing marrow production.  Thus I have been heading into the hospital every couple days for infusions of platelets.  Not sure if this will last for the duration of the antibiotic - hopefully not.  This has been an interesting time at home after over two months in the hospital.(with a week home breaking up the hospital time).  I have been home just over a week and still tire very easily.  My heart rate is consistently very high and my blood pressure consistently low.  I'll be seeing the cardiologist again but we are hoping this is all tied to fatigue from such a long hospital stay (combined with Spring Allergies!).  Okay enough whining...I am home and thrilled to be here.  In other good news...I started Home Personal Training last week and am getting much stronger.  Also I don't always feel exhausted so am able to enjoy much of the day with Emma and Jim - have even been able to get together with friends for lunch here as Casa de Staudt.   As time passes I am sure I'll  get my stamina back.

Thanks so much for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment