Friday, May 20, 2016

Weekend Update 5/20

Request for local friends:  Until I get my stamina back, I will need help getting to clinic visits.  If you can help with an occasional ride please email me at maureen.staudt@gmail.com.  Thanks to those who've already volunteered.  I am going into the clinic 2 to 3 days a week and will email the group when I know day(s) I will need rides (will try to give plenty of notice).  Thank you!!

Fun Update:  Emma has her first rowing regatta of the Spring this Saturday.  The day promises to be beautiful and she is very excited.  Joseph is done with finals and will be home on Monday.

Medical Update:  Overall a good week as I continue to build both strength and stamina.  I am very grateful my strength (measured by how much easier it is to get up the stairs) is gradually returning after the long stay in the hospital.  Physical therapy has been extremely helpful with this.  My high heart rate and low blood pressure continue.  This does make it hard to walk any distance without getting light headed but after a short rest my heart slows down.  It gets a little frustrating and a little scary.  Fortunately I am seeing an amazing cardiologist and have my second appointment and an echocardiogram next week.  Still heading to the clinic every 3 days or so for platelets / blood infusions both of which are depleted from the bone marrow suppression from the last round of chemo and an antibiotic I am currently taking.  As always, glad to managing it all from home!

Thanks for checking in!

Love, Maureen

2 comments: