Sunday, May 8, 2016

Weekend Update Sunday May 8

Happy Mother's Day!!  Pleased to tell you all I am celebrating Mother's  Day at home!  We started out the day with Mass and enjoyed a visit from my Aunt Debbie, cousin Joe, his wife Jane and their daughter Carolyn.  Great conversation and nice to be in my living room vs. a hospital room.  I was discharged from the hospital Thursday.  Emma just returned from a Girl Scout weekend at the Rocking Horse Ranch in New York.  She had an absolute blast and many thanks to the GS leaders for taking on the girls for the weekend.  Joseph finishes class next week followed by finals.  He finished his track season this past weekend and will be glad for the extra time to focus on his upcoming tests.  Kate was here in North Andover this past week.  We hung out in the clinic everyday until coming home Thursday.  It was great to spend time with her and soooo  helpful to have her here.

Medical Update:  This past hospitalization was due to a blood infection.  After almost two weeks in the hospital on IV antibiotics, I came home on a pill antibiotic.  During my hospitalization I also worked with physical therapy on getting up and down stairs as well as general strength exercises.  This transition home has been a bit easier as a result (also helps to be that much further away from the last week-long chemo).  Guinness continues to be accepting of my disappearing acts over the last couple months.  Jim and Emma are pretty sick of it (as am I).  Thanks for your continued prayers, meals and good wishes.  I draw great strength from all of you.


2 comments:

  1. Great news and Happy Mother's Day!
    The Conaton Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're home and wonderful news that you are doing so well that they've taken you off the IV antibiotics! Hope you got the royal treatment on Mother's Day! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete