Monday, September 12, 2016

Update - September 12, 2016

Family Fun:   Emma had her first Volleyball game last week.  My dear friend Beth who drives me to many appointments took me from the clinic visit straight to the volleyball game.  We made it in time for the varsity game and the girls played awesomely!  We missed Emma's JV game but I hope to get to her game this Wednesday.  All three teams (Fr, JV and Varsity) won their games and at this point in the season (one game under their belt) are undefeated.  Joseph comes home September 24 for a quick visit.  He is petitioning the student government for funds to start a Tae Kwon Do club.  Pretty cool...He is doing well in classes and enjoying life in his new house. Jim found several first mates to join him on the boat this past Saturday and all had a great time.  Kate came in town on Sunday and we've had a lot of quality time together including a shopping trip to TJ Maxx.  We'll be in the clinic much of the time she's here but, if the stars align, will get to Emma's next Volleyball game on Wednesday.

Medical Update:  I continue to feel well overall - My appetite has improved, Physical Therapy comes twice a week for strength training, and I am getting plenty of rest.  Right now I am at the point post-chemo where my blood counts are really low.  Thus I am in the clinic frequently (every other day) for infusions of platelets and red blood.  Makes for longer clinic visits but my counts should improve soon.  Not much else going on.  Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

Love. Maureen

PS Oh...and thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment