Sunday, September 25, 2016

Update Sunday 9/25

Family fun. Fifteen years ago monday my greatest birthday gift was delivered...Emma Staudt. Born on my bday we share many other things in common.  love of a good joke, dedication to family and extrodinatry disappointment when the fudgy the whale cake stopped being produced. Joe, Jim, Emma and all of Beth Isreal will be celebrating our big day one day early. Great day with lots of presents a cake from a local ice cream store and delicious dinner from local pizza shop. I am hopeful to see my cousins on my actual birthday - Monday.  Now I've hit every holiday as a Beth Isreal patient at least once. Thanks Jim and kids for bringing the holidays to me over the last two years. 

Medical update. Been in hospital since Wednesday September 14. They replaced my pic line which they thought was infected and installed a central tunnel line coming out of my chest. A little weird looking but definitely more convenient for transfusions and blood draws

Beginning Wednesday 9/21 I started chemo. I also started treatments to address high counts of potassium and white blood counts. Both too high and both being managed with medications. The white blood cells can and have become leukemia cells so I am taking medication to slow down their growth. May extend my chemo treatment from 5 to 10 days. Take that leaukemia. The potassium is a bit more baffling and maybe tied to a drug reaction. No eta on coming home as we need to get me stabilized. Hopefully will be this week - maybe Wednesday. 

thanks for your love, prayers, food and comments (lol on the culture Zoli. You make an excellent point. )

Love you all and thanks for checking in.   How lucky am I to never feel alone

Love Moe

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Moe! Lots of love from Lake Country. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday Moe.. How nice that you and your daughter have the same birthday! Hope you have a great day! xo Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It warms my heart that your birthday was celebrated yesterday with your family in such a happy way and that today you are sharing it with Emma and your cousins. I am wishing for you peace and love and restored health for the year ahead. I love you, Moe. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. It warms my heart that your birthday was celebrated yesterday with your family in such a happy way and that today you are sharing it with Emma and your cousins. I am wishing for you peace and love and restored health for the year ahead. I love you, Moe. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and praying for your recovery. Happy Birthday!
    The Conaton Family;
    John, Nicole, Emily and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That is a spectacular birthday gift. Hope you and Emma have a great day. When I come to visit I'll scoop you both some ice cream in a form that vaguely resembles Fudgy the Whale complete with whale sounds. Well, sounds that vaguely resemble whale sounds. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Maureen ... I pray for you and think of you often. Hope you enjoy multiple cakes and goodies today !

    ReplyDelete