Saturday, November 5, 2016

Weekend - 11/6 -11/5

Family Fun:  Kate arrived on Sunday 10/30.  We had a lovely dinner and chance to kick off a week of catching up.  Emma went trick or treating using the devil ears and tail her Aunt Mary Anne sent (to me!)  She had a great time with her long time Halloween posse.  Joe started Winter track and we hope to see him both at Bowdoin and some local meets here in Boston.  He continues to wait for word on his Tae Kwon Do/MMA club.  Enthusiasm is high; just waiting on insurance sign  off.  Finally we enjoyed a wonderful visit from Rich and Ann (Jim's brother and sister in law).  After such a tough, uncertain week it was so amazing to have Kate here every day providing love and support topped off by the wonderful conversation and love from Rich and Ann.  My cousin Margein joined us earlier in the week and she and Kate went out to dinned while I had an MRI on my back, leg and liver.  Looking forward to seeing Glen and Kirsten on Sunday - along with Jim and Emma tomorrow!

Medical Update:  I am back in the hospital as of Halloween.  We are trying to position me for the next round of treatment.  One metric is having the disease under control (i.e. not growing)  Sadly my disease has not been very cooperative.  My white counts were rising after this last round of chemo (they are supposed to drop after the chemo then stay in a low range for a couple weeks).  Along with the white counts rising my leukemia blasts were rising unabated.  Not a good spot for me.  However through medications and divine inspiration (your thoughts and prayers) both the white cells and leukemia cells dropped today.  We hope this is the beginning of a pattern that gets me to the next round of treatment.  At the minimum it is a good day and I thank those I love for reminding me of this.

Oh and I have a slipped disk - my doctor says everyone over 50 has a slipped disk (Ha Ha) but, um ouch.  Hopefully pain which kind of lives in my back and runs up and down my left leg will go away soon .  Also have water in my lungs (not pneumonia) but medication is helping that drain away so should be non-issue soon.

So that's it - thanks so much for checking in

Love Moe

4 comments:

  1. Oh Moe- we love you so! I am sorry to hear you have a slipped disk too - this getting old is full of surprises! I had no idea that there were more than more 'type' aka prescription of readers lol. Hugs and kisses and I'll see you soon xo karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time Maureen, and glad today was a good one! Never never never give up! Hang in there! Hoping your courage and strong spirit will prevail and get you through this, as you've gotten through so much before. Sending lots and lots of prayers and love your way! Xoxo, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying daily prayers and hoping this is just a short stint!

    Nicole Conaton

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl. Joe and I are thinking of you and sending all the super powers we have. xoxo

    ReplyDelete