Saturday, April 4, 2015

Weekend Update April 4 and 5

Happy Saturday!

What a beautiful day here in Boston - hope the same for you.  This week flew by with visits from some of my dearest friends.  Kirsten her daughter Jane and I caught up Thursday before they caught a flight to Florida (lucky).  Yesterday my friend Ellen came by stocked with paper, scissors, glue and her amazing cleverness,  We made paper Easter Eggs to decorate my room - they look awesome...one egg for each of the Staudts, one for my nurse on duty that day, and one for Dr. Avigan my primary doctor and the head of the department.  Very fun but had me once again lamenting my lack of artistry skills - The grady white boat I drew on Jim's egg looks like a duck with a dunce cap.  Oh well - Ellen;s Eggs look awesome and we had a great time.

My lousy days may be  behind me - I am feeling quite a bit better today with only some back pain (attributed to the activity in the marrow which is in my hips) and sore throat (attributed to the chemo).  All in all not too bad.

A few more friends coming by this morning (Jack and Judy from North Andover).  Later this afternoon Jim, Emma, and my sister in law from DC Lorie will stop by to  visit, bring me fresh clothes and replenish my supply of spagettios - I cannot get enough of those!!

Speaking of Emma - she and several of her friends are in the news! Women in Science and Engineering offered a day long symposium focusing on careers opportunities in these fields.  The day at Salem State was a combination of hands on actives and lectures - sounds like the day was incredibly fun and the girls got a unique view into career options in these fields. http://northandover.wickedlocal.com/article/20150404/NEWS/150408645
Courtesy Photo

Nothing going on this weekend in the way of procedures or new medicines - should be pretty quiet as we continue the waiting game for my counts to begin to rise.

Happy Easter everyone - thanks for checking in

Love Maureen

3 comments:

  1. Trust me, you would feel better about your artistic skills if you saw the decorations on my bunny cake for tomorrow's dessert. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Maureen!
    Praying that your suffering is over and this Easter season is the beginning of a new season for you!!! Emma did a wonderful job with the carrot soufflé - she and Holly were so prepared and made it so easy for us! Now, I just hope I don't mess it up baking it this morning!

    I'm sure your Easter eggs look better than my lemon meringue pies. I don't know why I insist on trying to make them every year!

    We'll miss you today!

    Love,
    Amy, Joe, Joseph, Josh, Samantha and MK

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very good meetup session. May i know how did you prepare Banana cake?

    ReplyDelete