Saturday, January 16, 2016

Weekend Update - Saturday January 15

Seeing a little light fluffy snowfall with those big flakes that are pretty and don't cause too much trouble for driving.  Emma is off to a girl scout event today where she and her friends will do some (indoor!) rock climbing and spend the night.  Joseph has his first track meet at Bowdoin.  He is doing the Heptathlon and did half the events yesterday.  Jim drove up this morning to see Joe participate in the other half.  The Heptathlon includes the high hurdles, 60 m dash, pole vault, high jump, 1000 m run (Joe's least favorite) - this morning he starts with the hurdles.  He's doing well so far.  This just in - he won the heptathlon )

Thanks to my dear friends Karen and Anne Marie (and my handsome husband Jim) for going with me to the clinic this week.  They were great company especially as I needed the extra TLC as I faced this latest round of chemo.  My Mom comes in on Wednesday which will be terrific.

Medical Update:  Pretty straightforward week getting chemo every day and infusions of platelets/blood a couple of times.  On Wednesday I had an elevated temperature and was almost hospitalized but the temp came down of its own accord.  Not sure what was going on...maybe my body was fighting off an infection.  Soooo glad I stayed out of the hospital.  I have the weekend off from the clinic and head back Monday for labs/infusions.  The leukemia is responding to the chemo which is wonderful.  I will be facing more treatments - one set of treatments would start a month out from the last day of chemo.  I may need other treatments depending on how I do the coming weeks.  For now it is trips n and out of the clinic for labs and infusions of platelets/blood as needed.

That's it for now

Thanks for checking in

Love, Maureen

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Joseph! And good to hear things are continuing according to plan. Feel free to send your mom down to her sister's if she wants a change of scenery during her stay with you. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Joe. Maureen & Jim, hopefully things will show a light at the end of this tunnel soon.

    Rich & Ann

    ReplyDelete