Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday March 5th

Happy Friday!

Jim and I had a full day yesterday at the Beth Israel outpatient clinic.  We met with our hematologist/oncologists, a cardiologist and a nephrologist (renal doctor).  In addition I had another EKG and ultrasound of my kidney.  All tests show I am ready for the transplant.   Both my heart and kidney function have stabilized (i.e. getting no worse with my heart showing some improvement) and the tests are helping the hematologists make decisions on medication dosing (primarily chemo and antibiotic).  

Regarding the transplant...a donor has been located who is 'motivated' (my medical team's word) and has begun the process of final typing (that was happening yesterday).  We are working toward a schedule that has me back in the hospital around the 17th/18th for a week of conditioning chemo with the transplant happening around 3/24 or 3/25.  These dates are contingent upon the donor availability and our receipt of the stem cells.  I probably won't have concrete dates until late next week or early the following week.  With the previous donor backing out I remain cautious (but very hopeful) until the date gets closer.

Looking forward to another weekend at home - Emma is off to a weekend retreat/snowcamp with some school friends while Joseph will be busy practicing for Mr. North Andover.  Joe is a contestant in the 21ST annual North Andover High School satiric male beauty contest in which eight guys give it their all in beachwear, formal wear and talent contests seeking to wear the 2015 Mr. North Andover crown.  The contest in March 20th.

Good kids – good family – good friends – great life

Love

Maureen

9 comments:

  1. Hoping for everything to work out great. We are wishing for a very successful treatment followed by a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for everything to work out great. We are wishing for a very successful treatment followed by a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous news !!! So happy for you that all is looking good for the transplant! And good luck to Joseph.... he should be a shoe in for the Mr. North Andover crown! Obviously beauty and glamour runs in the family!
    Love you, Kate



    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was a full day! Wonderful news that your heart and kidneys are ready for the transplant.
    This is exciting, Moe...a plan and some specific dates about the transplant must feel so good. And I know St. Patrick will have his eye on you to make sure it all goes smoothly! Sending lots of love to you, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That was a full day! Wonderful news that your heart and kidneys are ready for the transplant.
    This is exciting, Moe...a plan and some specific dates about the transplant must feel so good. And I know St. Patrick will have his eye on you to make sure it all goes smoothly! Sending lots of love to you, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Maureen, So glad to hear this news. Maybe we can try to get together this week if your schedule allows? I will text you. Love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great news Maureen... I really hope this donor works out for you.. I will keep checking out the blog to keep abreast of your progess.. my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You continue to be in my prayers....hoping all works out!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. You continue to be in my prayers....hoping all works out!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete