Saturday, March 5, 2016

Weekend Update - Sat March 5th

What goes Baa-dum-psss?  A sheep and a drum and a snake falling down a cliff.  Probably better said out loud.

Fun weekend in store - Joe is down in Staten island New York doing Heptathlon.  This just in---aunt Mary Anne and uncle pat are watching the events and keeping us posted via text and video. Seems to be doing well so far.  Emma is heading to her friends basketball game this morning and I think has some other things on tap including coming to see me tomorrow!!  Hoping to see some of my closet friends this afternoon if schedules work out.  Hopefully get here post shower and before during 3 hour chemo. Mom comes in Tuesday for a week which is awesome

Medical Update:  Well we finally got the port removed Thursday night and were able to start the chemo on Friday.  It is a 5 day cycle  of 3 chemos given back to back (lasts about 3 hours total) - they are MEC (Mitoxantrone, Etoposide & Cytarabine)- two new to me but cousins of what I've received before.  One I've had before.  The first cycle was given through an IV but those only stay in for a max of 4 days.  This morning I received a more permanent line today in my arm.  They call it a pic line and we will use going forward.  I've had one before and it limits me at bathing suit and tank top season with the access lines hanging from my arm.  Also a few too many "Mom what's that??" Anyway all good and if my math is correct I should wrap up the MEC chemo on 3/8.  We are also looking to start one of two oral chemos that specifically fight  my FLT3 mutation.  They want to see how I tolerate the MEC before introducing the FLT3 inhibitor.  Both have been effective in the past though one was a bit harder on my GI.  We still may try this one as it led to the longest remission and maybe just adjust the dose.  Not clear when I'll be leaving the hospital.  Will need to see how my body recovers from the chemo.

Still waiting on x-ray results  to make sure pic line insertion okay then I can shower,get the chemo,and get to a more regular routine on my future days.

That's it and thanks for checking in!!

Love,
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment