Sunday, March 27, 2016

Weekend Update Sunday 3/27

Happy Easter!!  I hope you all enjoyed time with family and friends.  Jim, Joseph and Emma were here at the hospital and we had a great morning. They spent the afternoon with friends having Easter dinner then Jim took Joe back to Bowdoin.  Joe had a relaxing break and is ready to take his recharged self back to school.

Medical Update:  About 19 days ago I completed a 5 day course of  MEC infusion chemo.  The goal was to wipe out the marrow in the hopes it regenerates itself with healthy blood cell production (and no more leukemia).  According to a bone marrow biopsy last week, part one is accomplished in that my marrow is completely empty.  This week I will start on a new chemo/immune accelerate pill as a complementary strategy to keep the leukemia at bay.

In approx 2 - 3 weeks I will have another bone marrow biopsy to see if my marrow is producing healthy cells AND to see if those cells are from me, my donor, or some combination.

All of this will determine the next course of action; most likely a donor cell infusion (more healthy white cells) along with some additional treatments.

I don't foresee the above changing but one never knows!  Will keep you posted as the week goes on.

Thanks for checking in.

Love, Maureen


1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter! We are thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. You are not missing much today - cold and rainy - not a fun way to start the week. (My son, Jack, visited Bowdoin a couple of weeks ago - let's just say he LOVED IT!). We will see.

    The Conaton Family
    John, Nicole, Emily and Jack

    ReplyDelete