Friday, February 13, 2015

Fri - Feb 13 Biopsy Results are in

Well since getting here we've been looking at hitting key milestones.  One was urgent upon admission to reduce my leukemia cells immediately.  The team did beautifully here and my body responded extremely well and I was in a stable place fairly quickly.

The next milestone was getting my leukemia into remission through chemotherapy.  We were not successful with the first round (started the day of my admission).  But with the bone marrow biopsy (results came in long after the 1st round of chemo  was started) done when I first came in, the doctors knew more about the molecular nature of my leukemia and could introduce a more targeted chemo regimen.  With that targeted regimens, this last round of chemo was successful.

My Doctor just informed me that this last bone marrow biopsy showed no leukemia.  This is amazing news and what we have all been praying for.  This news allows us to move forward with a bone marrow transplant (actually an intravenous stem cell transplant).  I'll have more details on transplant dates, etc. in the coming days bur wanted to share this news right away.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS, FAITH AND SUPPORT

With love and deepest gratitude
Maureen

11 comments:

  1. OMG! Just checked your blog hoping and praying for good news on your biopsy results...and that is just the BEST news ever!!! I am so happy for you that you are Leukemia FREE, and that you can now move forward with the stem cell transplant to keep it that way!!! Our prayers have been answered and this is truly amazing news!! And no one deserves to win this battle more than you...and you will, I know you will!! I guess Friday the 13th is now your lucky day! Love love love and Happy Valentine's Day to you! Congratulations on achieving this monumental milestone!!!!! Xoxo, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! I have been stalking your blog like a crazy person, waiting for these results. Well worth the wait! So grateful for this blessing. It's not over yet, but at least the path forward is a little straighter. Lucky 13 hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such great news, Mo!!! So glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this is just the best news ever! Congrats on hitting this milestone.. You that much closer to seeing the way out of this mess. Rumor on Facebook is that all this snow is due to your confinement.. Apparently the Lord said, if Moe can't go out, nobody can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen, I have tears of joy in my eyes when I read your latest blog. This is such a gift. Thanks for the fight and may it continue with the love and support of so many!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome news!! Prayers of thankfulness today!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome news!! Prayers of thankfulness today!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such great news! Glad all the prayers were successful...continuing to pray for a successful bone marrow transplant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah!!! Sooooo happy to hear this! Please keep us posted as to when you may be getting out of the hospital. Would love to come visit you next weekend. We head to FL tomorrow! Love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some good news...wishing you the best with the next step.
    Michelle-Lee

    ReplyDelete