Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday February 16

On the heels of the positive bone marrow biopsy results, my white blood cell counts, red blood cell counts and platelets continue to rise.  This is wonderful news as it means my body is growing stronger as I get ready for the transplant.

Unfortunately we have some new uncertainty around the donor. The donor my medical team has been working with is no longer responding to any attempted contact.  For reasons that will be forever unknown to us it appears they are not moving forward as a partner in my transplant.

There are a few backup donor options my medical team is currently exploring. There are a couple promising alternatives.

Thus we are a bit on hold with the timing of the transplant.  The strong hope is we are able to move forward with one of the alternative donors within the next couple weeks but  no dates have  been set.

Back to some good news...my team is working hard to get me home before the transplant. With the delay in the transplant and my improving counts, a trip home this week looks promising. We will likely know by Wednesday.

Look for another update then and many thanks for checking in.

Love
Maureen

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Maureen...I wonder if your donor just hasn't finished clearing the snow from his/her roof and will be back in contact soon. I will pray for courage for him/her to resurface and realize the gift of life that lies in their hands (well...marrow!). In the meantime, we continue praying daily for you and hope the trip home is able to happen soon!! North Andover needs a dose of Maureen!!! The sunshine you will bring will surely melt some of this crazy snow!!!

    Love and hugs from all of the Guggenbergers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you will be able to make the trip home soon! I'm sure that will do you a world of good to sleep in your own bed! Thoughts and prayers are with you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Moe. I know it's hard but try to focus on the positives. The most important thing is that your body has responded well to the chemo, you are in remission and your counts are rising indicating you are getting stronger! You are doing more than your part to fight and win this battle! Leave finding an alternate donor to your very competent medical team, if need be. I'm sure it will all work out. Praying that this bump in the road is resolved quickly, and that in the meantime you get to enjoy a long awaited trip home!! Lots of love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I went on the site to see if I could be a donor but it appears I would be ruled out as "medically ineligible". I would not hesitate to be tested otherwise, and hope you know I would do anything to help you to be cured! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen,
    I'm with the Guggenbergers, praying for donor courage!
    In the meantime, I know a trip home would be ultimate sweetness! So I will pray for that too.
    Much Love,
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear the good news! I'm sure a donor will be found quickly. Meanwhile some time at home will be so wonderful! Praying for that!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. All good news and I am sure a donor will be found. Have fun at home. That will be sooo nice for you. Can't wait to see you soon! Love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete