Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weekend update Feb 21 / 22

It has been wonderful living again at 112 Tucker farm road these past few days. Both Thursday and Friday I spent most of the days in the clinic but I have  the  Weekend off.  After two months in the hospital I was pretty deconditioned but each day I am getting more  stamina. Jim and th  kids have  been great.  They are  taking wonderful care of me.  It is strange to think I haven't been here since mid  December.

Tomorrow brings me back to the clinic. The plan is for me to continue these visits until I go back to the hospital for  the next phase (either the bone marrow transplant or another round of chemotherapy to keep me in remission.)  The next phase will be determined by the donor and my overall health. As of today the medical team is still working on the donor but has some good prospects. One thing the team is watching with me is my heart rate which has been on the high side. They did several tests on Friday ruling out several potential serious complications. It looks like  the most likely culprit is the deconditioning.

So the plan today is to enjoy a rejuvenating day with the family. I like that plan!

Love  Maureen

7 comments:

  1. So glad you are home for a bit! What a wonderful treat for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great that you are home, Maureen! Things seem to be looking good for you! Love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful therapy just being home! How's Jim's cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're able to be home for a while! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're able to be home for a while! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We acquire the strength we have overcome." Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Here's to YOUR strength Maureen.
    I continue to send positive thoughts your way. Hugs, W-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you're home for a change, Maureen! We miss you at W&N and are holding down the fort.

    ReplyDelete