Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday February 18 - Heading home!

I am being discharged today from the hospital to get some time at home before I come back in for the transplant.  The doctors here are pleased with my overall strength (no arm wrestling with Joseph just yet but I can get myself around) and basic health (I'm well hydrated, counts are strong, no leukemia blasts in my blood work and I am not on antibiotics at the moment).

So except for getting a bit tired after relatively small amounts of activity I am feeling good and absolutely thrilled to be recuperating at home.  Jim and my  sister Kate will be here to spring me shortly.

I don't know how long I will be home.  In general they like to see patients home for a week between discharges like mine and the start of the transplant.  That may be longer or shorter depending on how soon a donor is lined up and how I hold up.

Thanks for checking in and will keep you posted on the adventures at 112 Tucker Farm Road North Andover, MA (here's to hoping Guinness survives the excitement of the homecoming!)

Love
Maureen

12 comments:

  1. YEAH! That is super news. I'm glad to see your post and will continue to look for more good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!!! So happy for you!! Enjoy the love of your family & friends in your casa! xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news! So happy for you and your family for this much needed break! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moe - So glad that you get to spend some time at home. Good luck and we will continue praying for you. Gep

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such great news for you, Maureen! Don't be surprised if you can't see your house, mailbox or driveway when you arrive - we have been getting this little thing called snow while you were away!

    Congratulations and stay strong!
    The Conaton Family;
    Nicole, John, Emily and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you to get some R&R in your own comfy home! I'm sure it's much needed at this point! xoxo, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH!!!!
    Awesome news, very happy for you!
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's no place like home!!! We are thrilled that your little family unit gets to all be together again under your roof! Enjoy the time together, and we are here if you need anything!

    Hugs from across town, The Guggenbergers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news! Enjoy the recuperation time in the comforts of your own home, surrounded by your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are sleeping in late, enjoying home cooked meals and having a fabulous time with your family at home this weekend!!! Thinking of you as always and sending you love, Kate

    ReplyDelete