Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday November 16

Good afternoon!  Well I did break out of the hospital on Wednesday of last week (Nov 11).  I had some kind of virus that settled in my lungs but the antibiotics did the trick.  How wonderful  it is to be back home!  Joseph was in this weekend and it was wonderful to see him.  He and Emma spent the day together Saturday and we had a Staudt movie night on Sat evening.  It is kind of nice having him home when all his friends are still at school so we are the only game in town!

I continue to go into the clinic daily for infusion chemo (Decitabine) for a course lasting 10 days.  Since I started in the hospital my day 10 actually comes tomorrow!  I am also back on the pill chemo (Sorafenib).

Next up in my treatment is likely a donor cell infusion - this is the infusion of white blood cells from my original donor.  While the chemo has been very effective keeping my leukemia in check, my greatest chance for full remission is getting a 'boost' of cells from my donor.  This will amplify the immune effect so any future recurrence of leukemia will be battled back by my new enhanced immune system.

We held off with this infusion until my previous rash cleared up thinking that rash was graph vs. host.
It does get confusing but I am confident I am on the right course of treatment.  I am showing no leukemia in my blood stream which is great.  Right now I am a bit tired from the Decitabine.  This too shall pass.

Will keep you all posted on my progress and next steps.

Thanks for checking in.  Love Maureen

1 comment: