Sunday, November 22, 2015

weekend update November 20

What a few days!  This week I have been unusually winded and short of breath. It was to the point where my friend Amy had to wheel me into my appointments Thursday. Thank goodness she was there!  I never use the wheelchair but could not get more than a few feet without  stopping to rest.  Anyway that started a whole new series of tests (including an ekg, walking heart rate and echocardiogram) So here is where we are.

First the EBV...Per the pet scan the Epstein barr virus has not spread to my lymph nodes which is great news.  That would have complicated my next phase of treatment (the donor cell infusion).

The shortness of breath and accelerated heart rate could be explained by inflamed lungs from either an infection or a reaction to one of the drugs. It could also be low red blood (leaving me anemic)  I did get red blood during my 6.5 hour clinic visit on Thursday (again so grateful a friend was with me!) and feel much better today.  I was back in Friday for the echocardiogram and also got platelets

The weekend has been great.

Friday Emma and her great friends Samantha and Caitlyn were in a county wide geography competition called jowdy. For the second year in a row this team won each round and  ultimately won the competition.  Congratulations girls. A hard one victory and we are very proud.

 I was back in the clinic on Saturday and spent the time with one of my closest long time friends from Ohio, Tom. We had so much to catch up on and it was lovely to see him. Jim joined Tom for the Notre dame (Tom is an alum) BC game. What a game!  Yesterday afternoon Emma had several friends over who will be joining us with their families on thanksgiving. Their work was complemented by a visit from even more Thanksgiving angels today delivering tables/chairs/linens and providing amazing set up service for the holiday we are hosting here later this week.  They did a great job getting our house set up for Turkey Day.

 Sooo grateful for our friendships and for feeling stronger.  What a fortunate and blessed life I have.

Add to top it all all off Joseph comes  home Tuesday and we cannot wait!!

Thanks for checking in

Love Maureen

3 comments:

  1. It has been a long and hard course of events. You have demonstrated great fortitude throughout! As long as it seems that there is still a light at the end of the tunnel and it's getting brighter, albeit slowly, that is good news. Best wishes for progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long and hard course of events. You have demonstrated great fortitude throughout! As long as it seems that there is still a light at the end of the tunnel and it's getting brighter, albeit slowly, that is good news. Best wishes for progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Thanksgiving went well Maureen, sounds like you had a full house.
    Each time I read your blog I am overwhelmed by your strength and amazing spirit.
    I think of you always Maureen.

    Love,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete