Monday, November 9, 2015

Monday November 9th

What a gorgeous fall weekend we had. Joseph has started track practice at Bowdoin and is very glad to be getting back on the turf or asphalt or grass or whatever. The first meet is not until January but that will come soon enough. Jim and Emma watched the patriots game on Sunday with some good friends and had a wonderful afternoon. They came to see me at the hospital Saturday  we had dinner  and watched  a few  college games.

Yes I am back in the hospital for a quick tune up. In my normal clinic visit on Friday, I had a fever of 100·9. I tried every argument I could think of to get them to agree to send me home. They were having none of it.  Periodically over the last 6 weeks or so when my white blood count was insanely low, I would marvel I had not caught a virus landing me back in the hospital.  Anyway that time came Friday and while I am sick to pieces of always finding the silver lining, I must say that if I was going to get a fever I am so glad it was on a clinic day so they could act quickly and get me treated quickly.

Today is Monday and I may go home as soon as tomorrow. I also started my next round of chemo which I can continue as an outpatient.

So never a dull moment.  I promise you this hospital stay is not a setback. It could have been if it was not treated so effectively.  So hopefully I'll be home in the next day or so.  Thanks to all of you for your support and prayers. And Thanks for checking in. Love Maureen

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are in the hospital again.... but with your determination to not let it be a setback, I'm sure it will be a brief stay. Hope you get sprung and are on your way home soon. I continue to be amazed by your strength and I have great admiration for your ability to always see that "silver lining" (even though I know you're sick of looking for it). Stay positive....you are a true inspiration! Lots of love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have definitely been the queen of silver linings Maureen and I give you a lot of credit. You have been tested beyond belief this past year and you continue to fight this battle while updating those who are LUCKY ENOUGH TO KNOW YOU on your progress with humor, intellegence and you being you.

    I am proud to be your friend Maureen.

    Thinking of you always,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, Maureen! We are continuing to pray for you.

    The Conaton Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm checking in on you, Maureen! Thank you for your thank you note (I love saying that :-) I hope by the time you read this your fever has passed and you are settled back home. How fun that John could go to Bowdoin for family week-end to visit Joseph. I bet that meant the world to him (to both of them). You have such a tight, supportive, awesome Irish family, Moe...they must love you, like, a LOT! :-) Hang in there, beautiful friend...you radiate hope snd kindness and humor and love and we are all so blessed and lucky to know you.xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm checking in on you, Maureen! Thank you for your thank you note (I love saying that :-) I hope by the time you read this your fever has passed and you are settled back home. How fun that John could go to Bowdoin for family week-end to visit Joseph. I bet that meant the world to him (to both of them). You have such a tight, supportive, awesome Irish family, Moe...they must love you, like, a LOT! :-) Hang in there, beautiful friend...you radiate hope snd kindness and humor and love and we are all so blessed and lucky to know you.xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maureen,
    I was checking you blog and saw your latest post.
    You continue to amaze me with your strength and ability to Handle whatever is thrown at you. I think & pray for you every day. Hugs to you, James, Emma and my fleet footed nephew, Joe.
    XXOO,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete