Monday, November 30, 2015

Monday November 30

Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving and weekend. We celebrated with a home full of great friends. A little football, a lot of food and plenty of relaxed conversation. Guinness joined in grabbing a Turkey leg off the buffet table. This after I was extolling his virtues as a dog that NEVER grabs food off the table. Luckily we had all eaten and gone back for seconds before Guinness joined the fun. Joseph was home which was great. Our thanksgiving crowd includes the kids close friends and I think they all had fun.

This past week was the point in my post chemo regimen (about 12 days out from the last day) when my blood counts drop fairly dramatically and I am back to visiting the clinic once a day for platelets and red blood as needed. Luckily I had thanksgiving off!!

Today (Monday) I am also getting a bone marrow biopsy in preparation for th  donor cell infusion. The biopsy will tell us how much of the marrow is me vs the donor. It will also let us know if there is any leukemia lurking.

The infusion will introduce more healthy disease fighting white blood cells in an effort to both eradicate any remaining leukemia and boost my immune system. When someone relapses like I did in August, this is standard protocol to get then back to remission. Complications from August until now prevented us from doing the infusion earlier.

If all goes as planned in coordinating with the donor, we are looking to do the infusion within the next two weeks. will keep you posted.

That's it for now. Will post again when I get the results of the biopsy. In the meantime, thanks for checking in.

Love. Maureen

2 comments:

  1. Here's to a perfect test result and an 'all systems go' status for the infusion! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! Fingers crossed for a good report.

    ReplyDelete