Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Quick Update Wednesday 11/18

Hi everyone

In a recent blood test I was found to once again have elevated levels of the Epstein Barr Virus.  This happened once before.  The virus is something that apparently lives in all (or most) of us at such a low level as to be undetectable.  A complication of the transplant is elevated levels of this virus.  Apparently the test shows my level is higher than the last time and I am having a PET scan to see if the virus has impacted any of my organs or other parts of my body.

My medical team fully expects to see the virus has not had any undo negative impact.  So I am going with that expectation.

The above was communicated over the phone so I undoubtedly missed some things.  In my mind the summation is - they saw something they did not like in a blood test but it does not appear to be too bad - I will get another test to be sure initial thought of 'this is not too bad' is confirmed.

We are moving toward the donor cell infusion (I am calling this a mini transplant - it is basically a boost of my donor's healthy white blood cells).  If all goes well that will happen within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Will update again tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in

Love - Maureen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for keeping us posted as we love you so much!! So thankful that you have an amazing team of doctors looking out for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta mix it up a little when things start getting too dull, I guess. Hope things are back to dull again in no time. XO

    ReplyDelete