Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Jan 12

The doctors came in last night and let me know they did not get a good sample from the most recent (3rd) biopsy.  We will be doing a fourth this Thursday.  This is beyond frustrating but I will not let it be a set back.

My counts continue to s-l-o-w-l-e-y climb but are not yet close to the numbers they need to be for discharge.

So since this is not the greatest morning of news, I thought I would remind myself of a few solids so far

  • Coming to Beth Israel Deaconess on 12/16, my white blood cell count of 168,000+ was truly life threatening yet here I am!
  • I made it through the chemo in pretty good stead - the side effects were very well managed 
  • I feel good today - a tiny dispirited but good energy/appetite/etc.  All that stuff we need to fuel our bodies for whatever life brings.
  • The fevers I had the first week of January are behind me (and my Mom was here to help get me through them).
  • There have been no leukemia "blasts" in the blood-work done in the last several weeks - thus no new leukemia cells are in my blood system as far as the blood-work shows.
Friends from North Andover spent their Sunday morning with me (thanks Jack and Judy) and it was great catching up.  Jim and the kids came by after Joe's track meet (North Andover boys and girls both won!) and it was wonderful seeing them.  Another sweet, fun visit with my amazing family.

That's it for now - have a great day

Love
Maureen

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Maureen. I guess Mondays are supposed to test our patience from time to time, but by Tuesday things are looking back up!

    Thinking of you and your family.
    Nicole Conaton

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOO to the repeat biopsy but props to you for your ever- amazing attitude & strength. Thinking about you all the time (and it includes ways to bust you outta there, even if for wheelies around the block - too slippery right now so we would have way more fun with a chair with wheels - oh and I get the seat!) Much love to my MOE!! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just sending a note to let you know we've been thinking of you! One of my friends is running in the Lavaman Triathlon at the end of March on the Leukemia and Lymphoma Team in Training, and Jeremy and I made a small donation tonight in your honor! Donations can be made through March 1 if any of your lovely family and friends would like to support the cause this way as well. Link below, stay strong!

    http://pages.teamintraining.org/sd/lavatri15/cschottmiller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen, I was hoping a package from me would have arrived today but maybe tomorrow...open carefully! There is a live duck inside. Just kidding. Still, open carefully. On a different note, you have made tremendous strides in the last few weeks and it's so good you recognize that...you are doing phenomenal, Moe. I think you should write a book on creative ways to pass the time in a hospital bed...like, for instance, building a snowman out of hospital mashed potatoes. Just a thought! Hang in there, kiddo. Soon all of this will be behind you and you can get back home. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Maureen,

    Repeat After Me: “I am stronger than this challenge. And this challenge is making me even stronger.”

    PositiveLifeTips.com

    Judy & Jack

    ReplyDelete