Sunday, January 4, 2015

Weekend Update 1/3 & 1/4/2015

Happy Wildcard weekend!

These last two days were not so awesome for Moe Staudt.  My medical team cautioned I could expect fevers and nausea.  Yesterday into today my temperature fluctuated from 99.8 to 103!  Fortunately, we were able to get it under control pretty quickly.  They took oodles of blood to see if they can isolate the  culprit causing the fever but it might be as simple as I am neutropenic and I am likely to get a fever.  A CT Scan is in my future for this afternoon (again just to see if we can get a little more information).

Now the good news...my counts will hopefully start to recover by the end of this week.  Once that happens I should feel better and have more energy.  Also improved counts are critical to my heading home.

My Doctors have suggested I temporarily limit visitors since my fever had been so high.  I will let all of know when that changes as your visits have been critical to my keeping the faith

With Love
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment