Thursday, January 8, 2015

Quote of the day

"Don't believe everything you worry about"

My brother John and I were reading the mounds of information provided by Beth Israel regarding bone marrow transplants and we came across the above saying.  Thought it was worth a share

Update from here - John is in town and our visits have been wonderful - he brought me ho-ho's! I'm so happy!  Also have been feeling very good - no fevers during the day but mild one last night - maybe those are behind me as well.

The third bone marrow biopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.  This will tell us if my marrow is generating any healthy cells and if there is a 'concerning' level of leukemia cells.  The second biopsy showed the bone marrow was wiped out (which is what we wanted).  Hopefully we will get good results tomorrow - there is a chance leukemia cells are lurking and I'll face another round of chemo right away (it would happen eventually prior to the bone marrow transplant).

But we'll know when we know - as they say - "don't believe everything you worry about"

With Love
Maureen

4 comments:

  1. Hey Maureen! Found you! Love that quote, it sure does apply to this crazy life. Glad to hear the fevers have receded and hopefully you'll have more good news on the biopsy. I'm sure you are feeling like a pin cushion! Hope to come in for another visit when possible. Love, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Betsy,

    So good to hear you! I have been thinking about you so much. Hope to see you soon.

    Love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome brother to know you needed Ho Hos!

    You're in my thoughts every day.

    xoxo, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho Ho's ...... the pinnacle of medical advancement. Hope the biopsy results from today were what you had hoped to see!

    ReplyDelete