Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thursday January 15, 2015

Many thanks for all your continued support.

The biopsy results came back and show about 20% leukemia cells.  A big improvement from when I was admitted.  However we need to do another round of chemotherapy beginning in the next couple of days (sadly no trip home just yet).  They've sub-categorized from the first biopsy the AML and this chemo will use a more targeted regimen.  Looks like I will be here another 4 weeks at least - again it's chemo, wait for counts to recover and bone marrow biopsy to see if I am in remission.  So kind of the same waiting game as the first time around.   This was not totally unexpected but certainly not the greatest news.  Overall my prognosis remains the same and we are still looking at the curative bone marrow transplant as soon as I am in remission.  Just need another boost to get me there!

Love to all

Maureen

9 comments:

  1. Moe, I've been thinking about you all day and how incredibly strong and brave you are! This news is a total bummer and not what we have all hoped and prayed for. But you are amazingly resilient and will bounce back from this temporary setback and beat this disease back into remission...I know you will! So disappointing that you will not be able to go home just yet, but hang in there and keep the faith and that too will happen soon I hope. Know that you are loved and supported by so many family and friends and that we are all riding this roller coaster with you and praying for your recovery and cure. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and love! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maureen, It was so great to see you today! I am sorry about this news but this is just a set back til they target the specific sub type that they now know! I am confident that this next round will work! Prayers and hugs! Love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen I'm so sorry the news isn't what you wanted and needed to hear right now...it's so close. This next round has to do the trick. But if you have to stay four more weeks, then I think they should set you up in a suite...preferably a corner room with French windows and room service delivered by Tom Brady. You don't know how much I wish we could make that happen for you! I'm sending you a HUGE hug...XO

      Delete
  3. Hi Moe, We had all hoped for different news, but I'm glad you are keeping your positive outlook. I'm with Jenny--let's get you a giant suite where you get all the coffee and dark chocolate you want! xoxox, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOE: WTF? I just heard about what is going on. Please know that I, and everyone else is with you 100%. What ever you need we are there for you. I'm not sure of the best way to connect with you so I'll shoot you a text as well. I'm with you for this fight and excited about watching you win. LOVE, GEP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey MOE,

    Love, thoughts, hugs, and prayers coming your way from downtown Cincinnati! I echo Gep's sentiments... we are with you every step of the way as you beat this! XOXO - Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maureen, I am sorry about this latest set back... what I do know is that you are a FIGHTER and you will win this battle! I hope to come and make a "sales call" to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay strong, Moe! Show those leukemia cells who's the boss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay strong, Maureen - we are keeping you in our prayers.

    Nicole Conaton

    ReplyDelete