Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tuesday Jan 13, 2015

A lovely morning/early afternoon with visits from two North Andover friends Michelle and Anne Marie.  Which reminds me to once again thank all of you for your amazing love and support - the cards, prayers, comments on the blogs, meals for the family (thanks Marie/Ernie for the sign up genius), putting away our Christmas decorations (above and beyond Debbie and family!) and every warm thought you send my families way.

The big news here is the bone marrow biopsy scheduled for Thursday is now happening early evening today.  I am really happy about this - it means we will see some kind of result by the end of the week (vs. waiting until Monday).  So will keep you posted on this - again the end goal for this round is to find no more leukemia cells (or an 'acceptable' range of leukemia cells) in my marrow AND for my blood counts to increase.  Once my white blood cell counts are in fighting form, I can go home for a bit before the next phase of my treatment begins (more chemo to keep me in remission).

Now in this biopsy tonight we may find unacceptable levels of leukemia still in my marrow which means another round of chemo pretty much right away - if that needs to happen so be it - but lets throw a whole lot of prayers toward a clean bone marrow biopsy, the counts recovering, and a trip home :)

Love
Maureen


3 comments:

  1. I'm praying.......for ALL good things......remain strong and positive!
    Hugs,
    Wendy Zimmerman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a zero count on the biopsy and for peaceful days ahead. Keep that patented Moe humor going and it will lighten the load. I'll be following you and continuing to call upon my prayer warriors on your behalf. Keep smiling girl!
    Paula Be3gley Jenkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Biopsy goes well tonight and I hope those leukemia cells are a no show..
    They are party poopers anyway..
    Have you seen the Utube video with german guy talking about Jennifer is a party pooper? Here is the link to it.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwofYhUJEM
    It will give you a chuckle..
    sending you my best..

    ReplyDelete