Saturday, January 10, 2015

Weekend Update Sat 1/10 and Sun 1/11

The medical stuff...The third bone marrow biopsy happened on Friday and we'll see results sometime next week.  The doctors need to see sufficiently positive results in this biopsy PLUS see my counts go up to a certain level before they will send me home.   I will have another round of chemo at some point soon and that will be a hospitalized stay (much shorter!).   But they really want me to get home first - this my friends is the current thing to pray for.

While the second biopsy was really encouraging, if the third shows concerning growth of blast leukemia cells, I may get another round of chemo right away.  Hate the idea of that but if it needs to happen better to get it started.

Oh and no fevers since Wed night!

The fun stuff ...John's' (my brother) visit wrapped up on Friday- I am sorry Boston welcomed him with the coldest temperatures of the season but John did just fine.  The kids came in the late afternoon and we had a  really fun visit.  There is not too much to do here so we talked, the kids rummaged through my food (we split the three ho-hos - now if that is not motherly love I do not know what is!), and we did some walking laps through the unit.  Looking forward to watching the Patriots game and maybe tailgating with the other patients prior to the game - not sure how that would work.  Will keep you posted.

Love
Maureen


5 comments:

  1. "Tailgating with the other patients prior to the game"...I love it!! Moe, you always were the life of the party everywhere you went... glad to know that hasn't changed! You must be such a breath of fresh air to the other patients and hospital staff! Your spirit is incredible and your positive approach to life's challenges is so inspiring! Hope you enjoy your weekend, and praying that you get good news on the biopsy results next week. You Go Party Girl!! Love you, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maureen!
    I have been and will continue to keep you in my prayers. Ivan add the Patriots too, now that the browns are out of it ;-)
    I hope and pray that you get good numbers next week and a trip home soon!
    Much love,
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moe - here's to busting outta there soon! Thank you for keeping the updates coming but don't let them interfere with the unit floor parties :) You are so strong and brave - yay to the reduction in fevers!!!!! xoxoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Moe! Go Patriots! Go Royals! (oops, wrong season...and sport...and city:-) Go Moe! Go Patriots! I sure hope you can go home soon. Love to you and your kids (so brave, like you!), and Jim and I'm so glad you had a ho-ho-happy visit with your brother and family! xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so THAT's why the Patriots beat the local (for here) favorites. Well, anythng for you, Maureen, and you deserve it after the week you had. ;) Hope you got a chance to tailgate with the other patients - too bad you didn't have any Ho-Hos left.

    ReplyDelete