Saturday, January 3, 2015

Saturday January 3

The second bone marrow biopsy results came back yesterday and they show a clean bone marrow. So no more chemo (for now) - instead this is a period of recovery where my marrow produces red blood cells, platelets, and white blood cells.  Within the next two weeks I will have another bone marrow biopsy which will hopefully confirm there are still no leukemia cells (or if they are there, they are in an acceptable range).

At some point during all of this I will head home but all indicators are that trip will not happen until after the third bone marrow biopsy.

Next up is more chemotherapy to keep me in remission followed by a bone marrow transplant.

I am so grateful  and lucky the chemo did its job in this first round.  It is wonderful to go into the next phase feeling strong.

Another blessed weekend for visitors with my Mom, Jim, the kids, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.

More later and happy sunny Saturday!

Love Maureen

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Maureen!! Great news to hear on your biopsy results!! 2015 will be a good year! Glad you are doing well in your new room, lots of prayers saying that you are home soon leukemia free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to read your good news, Maureen...sounds like it is moving ahead as it should. I can't imagine how hard this has been for you and yet you keep your resilient sense of humor and positive attitude. It's what is making all the difference, I'm sure. I hope the next few weeks go as well and that you can be home soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers...always! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Keep that positive news coming!

    ReplyDelete