Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wed 1/21/2015

Another quiet day in store - this is the last day of my second 7 day course of chemo.  After this the next step is either straight into a bone marrow transplant or another round of chemo.  It is not clear if I will be going home before the next step.  And that next step is to be determined by a myriad of factors including how I respond to this round of chemo (so far so good despite some of the early side effects) and confirmation/availability of donor (more on this as I know more but things are looking promising)

Great friends spent the morning with me yesterday and my Mom comes in again this afternoon.  Again thanks for all your kindness and support.

6 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you today--as I do every day. Glad this round of Chemo is ending and that you're looking forward to what's next.
    xoxox, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maureen,
    So great to see you yesterday! Sending good vibes your way. See you next week! Love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen,

    Congrats on finishing your second round of chemo today...let's hope this one does the trick! Very encouraging to hear that things are looking promising on the donor front! You are handling all of this with such grace, and you are truly an inspiration! Thinking of you and sending you positive energy and love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen,
    Hopefully you'll be home to cheer the Patriots on to a Super Bowl victory! I bet you had a great time with Lisa and Taylor. Hi to your mom!

    Hang tough my friend. I know you can!
    You are in my prayers daily.
    Much Love,
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maureen,

    I've just had a chance to catch up on your posts, and glad to hear you've made it through the next round of chemo. I pray this round has done its job and that your feeling as well as can be expected. Very happy to hear things are looking promising with a donor! Think of you often and hope you are able to go home soon.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you, Maureen. So enjoyed our visit...as usual, you help me! See you next week. Love, Betsy

    ReplyDelete