Sunday, January 18, 2015

Weekend Update / Saturday Jan 17 & Sun Jan 18

Bit of a lag since my last post - sorry about  that

On the "this is awesome front" my lifelong friend Lisa and her daughter (my Goddaughter) Taylor have been here since Friday.  They live in Florida and have braved some wicked cold temps to come see me - it has been wonderful and they are here through Monday.  My Mom comes back on Wed.  Hopefully we will climb out of the single digits by then!  My Dad's first cousin Fr Mike Crosby came by on Thursday.  He is a Capuchin priest and met with Cardinal Sean O'Malley prior to coming to see me.  In addition to the joy of seeing Mike, he also brought me rosary beads blessed by both the Cardinal and the Pope.  Between that blessing and your prayers I am spiritually fortified for sure.  And the empty shelf left by the Christmas decorations we finally took down were replaced by the most spectacular balloon bouquet from my friends at Words and Numbers.  They are very fun and thank you.

On the medical side - I started my second round of Chemo on Thursday night.  There were some potential side effects that became quite real for me (I'll spare you the details) and the last couple days have been 'low energy' to say the least.  This chemo regimen started with a pill and today moves to IV chemo similar to what I had in round one.  I guess it is not terribly uncommon for the first round to not yield the desired results and this does not change by prognosis (goal: remission followed by the curative bone marrow transplant).

If I've not returned a call or text please bear with me - everything seems to take a little bit more effort lately.  But please keep them coming - I LOVE your cards, comments, prayers, good wishes and mostly all you are doing for my family.  I have an amazing life and am so grateful to you all.

Go Patriots!

With Love
Maureen


4 comments:

  1. Hey MOE!

    I am so happy that Lisa and Taylor came to town to visit - what a boost that must have been! And your mama is coming back this week - that is awesome. Love you so much xoxoxo - oh and THE best package is coming your way :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! It's no wonder your body is tired with the fight it's waging. Get the rest you need and don't worry about responding to notes, calls, etc. Just concentrate on the goal of getting better! Hugs & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up your spirits and win the battle. All of the misery will be worth it when the war is won. Ann & I hope to be able to see you next time we are up to the Cape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen - the entire Joyner family is thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete