Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thursday Jan 8th

Well yesterday was fever free and made for a much more pleasant day.  (last night not so much feverr free but today's a new day)

Jim was here and we had a really nice discussion about my case with the fellow on my team.  We are in a holding pattern until my counts improve and at that point I may go home.  One way or another I will have another round of chemo soon (it will be a hospitalized stay) but they really like to get people home in between that first month in the hospital and the next treatment (Fingers crossed)

Thank you for all your comments, cards, food donations, love, prayers, visits,  everything - it is easy for me to slip into a sad place and all of have propped me up - I thank you and I realize I need to be a lot more thoughtful going forward.  You people have it down!

My brother John arrived yesterday and it was so good to see him.  We talked about everything and nothing and it was perfect.

So on the medical side - we are watching my blood counts improve (slowly) after the chemo eradicated everything that was there in the marrow but no one expects significant bumps until maybe the weekend,  I may have mentioned a third bone marrow biopsy was in my future - looks like that will happen this week.

I miss and love all of you and thank you/pray for you every day.

Maureen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maureen;

    We are following your progress and keeping you in our prayers. Your attitude is inspiring to all of us and we hope for nothing but wonderful news. We hope you get to go home soon!

    Thinking of you;
    The Conaton Family
    Nicole, John, Emily and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maureen,
    We are praying and expecting you to get home very soon. Thinking about you and keeping positive about your progress. We know you will get through these minor "bumps" on your way to recovery. Thank you for keeping us updated.

    Love,
    Mike & Patti Quilling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Moe!

    I tried to post before and not sure where it went, so I'll try to get this right this time. You'd think a guy in technology for all these years would know how to work one of these things, right?

    Regardless, a former, mutual colleague of ours informed me of your challenge. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and I will hold you in my prayers for a complete recovery.

    Stay strong, Moe! The harder you fight and the more positive thoughts you have will go a long way toward you beating this thing. I am a truly believer and first-hand witness of this!

    By the way, I do still have "Moe Status", don't I?

    Take care,

    Kevin von Gillern

    ReplyDelete