Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday 1/31/15

Busy week last week!  In preparation for the bone marrow transplant I had multiple tests including a dental x-ray which required a trip by ambulance to the west campus of Beth Israel.  My first breath of fresh air since being admitted on 12/15!  Kate was with me and it was quite an adventure.

There are so many contingencies regarding the bone marrow transplant I hesitate to hang my hat on any date.  The general plan is to do the transplant in about three weeks.  We have a donor match from the bone marrow registry and all my tests show me to be a strong candidate for the procedure.  There is currently no leukemia cells in my blood which is encouraging.  I will have a bone marrow biopsy the week of Feb 9th (probably Monday or Tuesday) to see if I am in remission - until the results are in from that biopsy all dates regarding the transplant are tentative.

So it still is kind of a 'if this, then that...' situation.  I am so grateful we have a donor and a general plan.

I will try to be more diligent about updating the blog - last week was unusually busy with all the tests.

Love to all and thanks for your continued support for me and my family

Maureen




6 comments:

  1. Trip by ambulance! I hope you get them to whirl the lights for you xo

    What a blessing that you have a match and are looking like a top candidate!!!!

    I honestly can't believe you have the energy to blog as much as you do - thank you so much for your updates but your rest always gets top billing!

    Much love to you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maureen,

    I just heard about your diagnosis from Lorraine at Topsfield and also reached out to Charlie. Have read through most of your blogs and am glad to hear you have a bone marrow match and everything is moving in the right direction. I just wanted to reach out and say Hi and that my thoughts are with you.

    Take care,

    Tim D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the continued updates - glad things keep trending toward the positive. Divided loyalties here regarding tomorrow's big game: There are more Vus in Seattle than Greens in Boston! Go Seatriots?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maureen:

    I just heard about your diagnosis from Wendy Z. and wanted you to know I am sending happy thoughts and lots of prayers that you have the bone marrow transplant and all goes well. I know your journey pretty well since a little over 2 years ago my mom had a stem cell transplant and she is leukemia and lymphoma free and doing well from a non family donor. If there is anything I can personally do please don't hesitate to ask me. God Bless, Michelle-Lee MacInnis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps 3rd time will be the charm? I'm not sure where my comments are hiding - - so I'll just say praying for you daily! Love you! xoxo
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moe, such exciting and wonderful news that you have a donor match, and that you are a strong candidate for a transplant!!! Thinking of you every day and praying that all continues to move in a positive direction on your road to recovery! XO, Kate

    ReplyDelete