Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday January 6

My absolutely adorable nurse Julie wrote Day 21 :) on my little whiteboard.  Hard to believe!

Still fighting a fever (or fevers) and there was a lot of activity in my room last night with people making sure I was okay (I was okay once they left so I could sleep :)

Bottom line is the combination of being neutropenic and ...

Finally - I saw an accident out my window!  From my perspective it is the worlds smallest fender bender that now has 4 people circling the two cars.  They need to move those cars and stop standing in the middle of the street!

But I digress - we were rightly cautioned that fever(s) were in our future - as my counts recover hopefully all of the fever nonsense will be behind me

Feeling strong and have a decent energy level today.  Off to do some walking laps around the unit :)

Love Moe

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling strong today and hoping the fevers will soon be over! I called the hospital and was told "no flowers allowed in your room" so I just sent you a little care package ( nothing alive or floral in the box). You should have it by Friday. Hopefully a little something to look forward to that will cheer you up �� Let me know if the nurses try to confiscate it! Thinking of you. XO, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all day long, Maureen, and praying the counts start climbing soon, fevers go away and there is more exciting activity out the window to keep you entertained!! I would love to come and visit when it is ok to do so. In the meantime know that you are in our thoughts and prayers! Stay strong and keep the faith and your sense of humor!! Nurses like funny patients, so I am sure they all love you!!

    Anne Marie and the Guggs

    ReplyDelete